Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

May 11, 2007

Our first day with Alex and Andi





They are AMAZING! We're having so much fun just learning about them. Alex cries when he's wet or wants to be held. Which is a lot :) Take care of one of those two things and he is set. Andi is a bit more independent and even tries to hold her own bottle. She also wants to be held a lot too. I think we've totally screwed up their schedule already though. The foster mom said that Andi takes 3 naps and Alex takes 2 naps. Well, they've each already cat napped a few times today. We haven't yet ventured out of our room with them yet, but will hopefully this afternoon. Neal said he's seen a few people out with babies and talked to one couple that was on their pick up trip.

For those of you reading that are also adopting, I would definitely recommend Grand Tikal. Our driver, Benjamin, had a sign for us at the airport last night and was extremely helpful to us. We've had no trouble getting everything that we needed here as well. We have one crib and one pack and play. They don't sleep together so we needed two cribs. The foster mother said that they don't sleep together because when they do they both start moving around too much and hitting each other :) I have to admit, though, that the language barrier is a small issue. We definitely need to learn some Spanish before we come back. You should have seen us ordering at McDonalds last night...it was quite entertaining.

We are very blessed that Alex and Andi are being so well taken care of. It is obvious how much they enjoy them. The foster mother was there with her two daughters and they were all so nice. I asked if they wanted to get Andi's ears pierced (that is a sign of love here in Guatemala). I didn't see it but her girls were telling her yes, so I am glad I asked.

We've already taken a ton of pictures, but the internet here is really slow so I can only post so many at a time. I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments: