Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

May 14, 2007

Mother's Day in Guatemala

Happy Mother's Day! We have the babies to sleep now. We did their plaster handprints while they were asleep tonight. We bought two kits that are alike and so we labeled one "Alex" and one "Andi", thinking we wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Well, just like a boy, Alex made a mess out of his. There's NO mistaking which one is his.

We had another great day with them. They really seem to be bonding with us now and it's going to be hard to leave them. I hope they remember us when we come back.

Just a note to those of you that stay here during your visit and/or pick up trip - don't go to the mall on Sunday afternoon. Well, that is, unless you want to be stared at by virtually everyone and the place was packed. I don't think I have ever felt so conspicuous. I just tried not to look at anyone. And not to mention, there's the language barrier. That makes things even more difficult.

Well, we are waiting on room service so I am out for the day.

P.S. I tried to post a couple pictures, but I couldn't get them loaded. I'll try again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Hey guys! I was hoping that you would be updating this while you are away. I am SO excited that you get to spend this time bonding with Alex and Andi - it looks & sounds like you are having an amazing time. Congrats again & hopefully you'll get to bring them home soon!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Marcy,
I just found your blog on the webboard! I am so glad that you are having a wonderful visit. They are absolutely adorable. Now that I know you have a blog I will keep up with your trip. Have fun! And thanks for taking my package for me!

Andrea