What did we get ourselves into????? It is day two and we are EXHAUSTED!! What I want to know is how do people with one child do it? There are no breaks and you are a constant performer, song writer, dancer and funny face maker. I have made some cooing sounds the last few days that I never knew existed (Marcy got a few on video). Just when Andi settles down, Alex is in an uproar. I try to hand off Alex to Marcy and she just hands me Andi. No really... It is more than I could ever imagine but they are soooooo worth it! I don't know how we are going to get through the first few years, but we will figure it out. I changed my first DIAPER yesterday morning!! Today, I am a pro! No, really I am! I can change a diaper quicker than Marcy. Alex and I tricked mommy into changing one of Alex's VERY NASTY ones (hehe). They are really a great pair... If they are upset, it is for only one of three things; hungry, sleepy or need changing (Marcy wanted me to add a fourth one, wants to be held). I have learned more in the past two days about children than in my whole life and I know that I (we) have only scratched the surface. OUR DAY BEGINS at 4:00AM (I mean 2:00AM) for a changing and rocking back to sleep (we sleep when they sleep). The feeding starts at 6:00AM and repeat the above steps 7 or 8 times every three hours and that's our day. We managed lunch between feedings and sleeping and live off caffeine. Room service is KEY in a country where almost no one outside the hotel speaks English (Que means "what" in Spanish - not the thing you open a door with). We MUST learn Spanish! Anyway... Alex and Andi are GREAT and we can't wait to get them home. They will be in our lives from now on and I wouldn't have it any other way. When everyone told me that they would (will) change your life... I understand how now and I have the utmost respect for anyone caring for or raising a child. Keep all of us in your prayers and may God bless ALL of the little children! - Neal, Marcy, Alex & Andi



No comments:
Post a Comment