As you can see from our timeline, we are waiting to exit Family Court and we are also waiting on Pre-Approval from the Embassy. Once DNA is completed and a match, the Embassy issues a Pre-Approval. This used to take just a few weeks but can now take up to two months, sometimes more. We've been waiting one month so far.
Part of the Family Court process includes having the birth mother interviewed by a Social Worker. They try to get this accomplished at the same time as DNA is done so that the birth mother only has to go in one time (plus it helps speed up the process a little). Unfortunately, that didn't happen for us. DNA was done sometime back in February but the Social Worker interview didn't take place until two days ago - coincidentially enough, on our anniversary. The Social Worker will now review our dossier and complete a report basically giving her approval for the adoption. This can take up to six weeks, worst case. Hopefully, it won't take that long.
The next big step is PGN - and that's where the real wait is. However, we can't get there until we exit Family Court and have Pre-Approval. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait....and keep waiting.
April 26, 2007
Case Update Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your babies are just beautiful and I love the story of their names. I know they will be so proud of what and how you chose them. I love that you put your 4 legged babies on your blog! I am a dog lover too and mine hardly know they aren't human! I also love your diagram of the process. What a great idea to keep people informed. I hope Alex and Andi are home before much longer.
Laurie
Guate_mama05
Guatadopt Moderator
Post a Comment