Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

April 13, 2007

How we named our kiddos

Hey there, I thought I'd put this out there for those that are interested in how we came up with their names. They were born Luis Fernando and Luisa Fernanda. I had been hoping that when we got a referral that the baby (or babies) would have a name that Neal and I could agree to keep a part of. Thank goodness, we both liked Luis and Luisa. So, we decided to keep those as their middle names. I learned something new about Neal not too long ago. His middle name is Andrew (yes, I knew that part) and he had wanted to be called Andy when he was younger. Well, I have always liked unisex names for girls....Sam, Charlie, Joey (our girl dog). Neal suggested "Andi" for our girl. I instantly loved it. So she became Andi Luisa.

What to name our boy? We had already chosen Alexander years ago as a middle name. So once we had named Andi, Alexander Luis just came naturally. I'll be honest, we didn't spend much time discussing the names. Once we had picked those two, that was it. I think we talked about it for maybe 30 minutes and our decision was made. I had looked online at names before we got their referral, but nothing really drew my attention like Alexander Luis and Andi Luisa did.

So that's the story behind how we named them. I hope that as they grow up, they like their names as much as we do!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Cute -- I love the names !!

K. said...

I saw your blog from adoption.com and had to check it out. What cute little ones you are waiting on. As the mom of two three year olds from Guatemala, you are in for such a wonderful journey. Congratulations! The story of their names is beautiful and I'm sure they will grow up feeling very special because of it.

Kim
Mom to 5
including Londy and Jeremy born in Guatemala